Recursion Scythe 3.5” DJI (Vista)/HDZero Nano HD Frame
The goal of Scythe was to create a balance between light weight and durability, allowing opening up the ability to create a sub 100g (without battery) 3.5” build with a very high thrust to weight ratio, supporting HD video transmission to obtain a 5” racer power with 3.5” agility. The Scythe is designed to be light and compact, and only supports 14mm cameras. The frame was originally designed for use with a Naked Caddx Vista and Nano Camera, but has been proven to also work with the new HDZero system with the nano 90fps camera.
Base plate options:
- Standard – Supports both 25mm and 20mm mounts.
- 20x20 only - This was the original design and is sleeker if you only plan to use 20x20 AIOs.
- Vanguard – Modified base plate to add additional carbon only in areas that are more likely to break in a hard crash, to make it even more durable, while only adding 3 grams of weight over the standard base-plate. Supports both 25.5mm and 20mm mounted flight controllers.
The standard frame only supports a 20x20 AIO FC , but now has plates options to support 25.5x25.5 AIO mounts (see Base Plate options). The frame supports Naked Vista mounted at the top using 20x20 mounting holes, as well as other VTXs such as the HD Zero V2/v3, with an optional top plate with 25x25mm mounting holes. The frame has 20mm stand-offs to support dual electronic stacks. Motors with 9*9mm motor mounting patterns are required (typically used by 1404/1408/1604 motors).
"Frame build and design video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8plT1wK03xs
- Motors: T-Motor F1404 3800Kv (supports any motor with 9mm mounting holes)
- Propellers: HQProp T3.5x2.5x3
- Flight Controller: 20x20 or 25.5x25.5 AIO, with a 9.5mm maximum clearance between the center of the 20x20 mount hole and the stand-offs.
- Video: Caddx Vista (Must be Naked) with Caddx Nebula Nano Pro OR HDZero V2/V3/Whoop Vtx. Any small analog vtx will work as well.
- Battery: 4s 550mah Tattu or equivalent low internal resistance high quality lipo or greater. A larger battery may be required if you don’t go with the recommended motor/propeller combination.
Optional Walksnail/Other VTX:
A larger 25-26.5 mounting top plate for the Walksnail or other larger VTX is also available. The Frame should support the new Walksnake Micro Camera as it is the same size as the Nebula Nano Pro. Other 25-26mm vTX (i.e. HDZero) may work here.
Optional 3D Printable parts available to print yourself on Printables, as well as includes some additional information on the frame: https://www.printables.com/model/473609-recursion-scythe-and-reaver